Uncomfortability Suits

Uncomfortability Suits

These suits came to life while I was searching for a way to translate my all time struggle, called: how and where on earth am I supposed to keep my hands? I tend to feel uncomfortable a lot, especially around new people. It has become a sport to me to try to keep my body in control, so I would never show how nervous I really am. Until I started talking about my struggle and realised I was not the only one having problems with this. This made me feel a lot better, and helped me to be more okay with my self-conscious hands, and to even see beauty in the vulnerability of being uncomfortable. 

I decided to try to make this feeling of self-consciousness and uncomfortability visual, by making awkwardly shaped, stuffed and wearable hands and arms. I hoped people would recognize some of their awkward feelings when viewing my suits, and learn to embrace them more, just like I did.